When trying to decide what kind of stone you want to work with for your Fayetteville remodeling project, there are a lot of factors to take into consideration, such as texture, look and required maintenance. We have outlined the main stones that we offer so you can get a better idea of the kind of material you would like to use for your next custom stone project.
Olive Glass and Marble offers the following types of stones that customers can choose to work with for their Fayetteville interior remodeling project:
- Granite. Granite is an incredibly hard igneous rock. It can be used both inside and outside and is one of the most durable building products in existence. Granite is considered one of the best materials for countertops. When you have a granite countertop, you can chop, cut, and thaw food directly on it. When you remove a hot pan from the stove, don’t worry about a hot pad, just place it right on top of your granite top! It is virtually stain-proof and indestructible.
- Marble. Marble is a metamorphic rock. It is excellent for use on bathroom vanities, table tops, fireplace sets, thresholds and windowsills. It is an interior stone, and can be used in a kitchen setting with special care.
- Travertine and Limestone. These stones are often grouped together because they are both sedimentary stones. They have the appearance of marble, but are softer in texture and color, and lack the high polish of marble and granite. Like marble, they are recommended for only indoor use.
- Slate. Slate, like marble, is a metamorphic rock. It is often thought of as a black or gray rock, but this is not true. There are also greens, reds, and multi color varieties, and it is available in both honed (flat) and cleft (raised) faces. Slate is used mostly in outdoor projects, but is also popular for uses in indoor features such as windowsills, countertops and vanities.
- Engineered Stones. Naturally strong and durable, stain-resistant and 100% maintenance free, engineered stone is created from pure natural quartz, an extremely hard stone crystal mined directly from the earth. In fact, quartz is the hardest non-precious stone that can be found in the earth’s surface. Olive Glass and Marble sells the following brands of quartz: Cambria, Zodiaq, Hanstone, Caesarstone, LG Viatera, One Quartz Piedrafina, Samsung Radianz and Silestone.
- Cultured Marble. Cultured marble is a mixture of fiberglass resin and crushed limestone. The mixture is then poured into molds of vanities, shower panels and panel walls. It is mostly used in bathrooms.
Our Countertop Selection & Installation Process
Countertop Selection: When choosing the materials for your new countertop you will be able to view your entire slab to ensure it is the right selection for you. Olive Glass and Marble sources materials from many different stone vendors, both natural and engineered, to provide a wide breadth of options for our customers.
Digital Template: Olive Glass and Marble uses the latest technology to digitally template your countertop. The Proliner 8 machine allows us to measure your new kitchen countertops while your existing countertops remain in place.
The Templator goes over all the aspects of your countertops (seam placement, material selection, edge profiles, sinks, faucets, cook tops, backsplashes, etc.) to ensure all measurements perfectly match your specifications.
Fabrication: The fabrication of your new countertops takes place in-house at our Fayetteville, NC showroom. Our top-of-the-line saws, automated polishers, CNCs and air driven water polishers produce a superior product. Every marble, granite or other stone slab is inspected when it arrives and then again before we begin work on your project.
The seams of your new countertop will go through an extra process to produce the best seam on the market. Every stage of Olive Glass and Marble’s fabrication process is closely monitored for quality.
Installation: About a week after your new countertop is set into production, installation will generally be completed in one business day. First, our team of trained experts will remove your existing countertops (if you’d like us to) and then install the new stone countertops. After installation is complete, we will mount your sinks, faucets and cook tops (if available). On the day of your installation we will clean, caulk and seal your new marble or granite countertops. The installation manager accompanies the crew to the job site to ensure that the work is done well and the process is easy for you.
Fayetteville Bathroom Vanities, Fireplace Surrounds, Granite Countertops & More
No matter the type of stone you choose to work with, our experts ensure that we will put the highest level of commitment into your custom renovation project. Whether you are looking to add a natural stone fireplace surround to your living room or new glass windows in your commercial building, Olive Glass and Marble is here for you.
Please don’t hesitate to contact our Fayetteville remodeling experts with any questions you may have regarding our stone materials or for a free estimate on your next reconstruction project.
Come to our showroom at 714 Robeson Street to consult with our staff or schedule a free in-home consultation to assess your project and find the perfect material for your application
Olive Glass and Marble is proud to provide premier stone installation services to homeowners and commercial property owners throughout Fayetteville, Dunn, Fort Bragg, Hope Mills, Pope Air Force Base, Linden, Wade and surrounding areas in North Carolina. Contact us today at (910) 484-5277 for a free consultation!